"How lovely is your dwelling place O Lord hosts!" (Ps 84/1) Arpookkara, a small hamlet of Kudamaloor, in the district of Kottayam had a beautiful house ,restled among the palm groves and girdled by the shadows of the drooping palm leaves. A branch of river Meenachil flowed by the side of that house. St.Alphonsa, the first feminine flower of sanctity of India was born in that house on 19th August 1910.Mary and Joseph Muttathupadathu were her parents. Her birthplace is only 15kms from Kumarakom, the famous tourist centre, 200kms from Munnar and 114kms from Thekkedy .Mannanam,where the mortal remains of Bl.Kuriakose Elias Chavara rest is only 5kms from this place. In1971 the sisters of Franciscan Clarist Congregation of Changanachery Province bought this house from Theramma, St. Alphonsa's niece and in 1973 they began to stay there. A new house was constructed in 1975 and it was inaugurated and blessed by Cardinal Antony Padiyara and named Alphonsa Bhavan keeping the 'Janmagraham' as such without making any change. Now it is under the patronage of our Superior General. The sisters who stay here look after the day today affairs of the 'Janmagraham'. They render greats services like attending to the pilgrims giving counseling to those needed and teaching the school children. They spend long hours before the Blessed Sacrament in prayer and adoration. Pilgrims throng to her from every nook and corner of India and the world belonging to diverse faiths and spend their time in prayer in the room where St.Alphonsa was born. Many receive her favours and as thanks giving visit this place now and again.